Please leave comments below the post with any ideas/criticisms/notes. We’d love to hear from you.
2023 Key Updates:
Incredibly, we hit #1 Best Seller on Amazon for board games on Cyber Monday, a huge accomplishment for all of us at Underdog. Thank you so much for continuing to support the game.
Lifetime Games Sold by Underdog Games
- Trekking the National Parks: 409,616
- Trekking the World: 147,312
- Trekking Through History: 55,723
- Herstory: 18,835
- Secret Clue: 4,583
- Scavenger Hunt: 5,429
Mistakes and Regrets:
- The cover is too serious; it should inspire more fun.
- The gameplay is too simple; it should have more variety, more opportunity for big moments.
PART 1: TREKKING:
Trekking the National Parks:
- The terminology actions Claim a Park Card, and Occupy a Major Park will be updated to: Explore a Park, and Camp at a Major Park
- The Most and 2nd Most stone bonus cards will be removed and replaced with an updated stone scoring system
- Adding a solo mode!
- Adding a scorepad
- Board and card components will be slightly smaller to save table space (9 x 9 vs 10 x 10)
New Expansion (Compatible with 2nd Edition + 3rd Edition)
This is a long-time coming but we’re finally creating a Trekking the National Parks Expansion. We’ll be keeping the details secret for now, but keep an eye out on future emails to hear more about it.
You'll be able to play this with both the 2nd and 3rd edition of Trekking the National Parks.
For all existing customers of Trekking the National Parks: We’ll roll out all the updates for the 3rd edition as digital files that you can print if you’d like to use the solo mode or play with the slightly altered rules. The expansion will work for both editions. We’ve also done a cover redesign for Trekking with Eric Hibbeler, the artist who did all of Trekking through History Art!
Here’s a preview of the new cover which is launching later this year.
PART 2: National Park Gift Line
- Canvas Map of the Parks (24 x 16)
- Tote Bag
Here's the canvas map as a reference:
Here's one version of the tote bag we're considering:
- Water Bottle
- Help us figure out cool designs, concepts, criticisms, etc.
If you have any interest in National Park products, sign up here to join our advisor group. We’ll be sharing those concepts there. You’ll get discount codes on launch as a thank you to helping us guide what the future products are going to be! We’d love to hear if you have any awesome ideas that we can turn into a reality.
Prototype Petri Dish: Game ideas we're toying with but haven't green-lit.
- Photography game focused on the mechanics of taking the perfect picture
- National Parks game with individual trails on each page
- Trekking Through Europe
- Herstory 2nd Edition
- World's Greatest Mysteries
- UFO Investigator